Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Arts/Cultural Blog Post #1: What We Talk About When We Talk About Blogs

Template: I wanted to go with a pretty basic template for this blog. I wanted it to be easy to navigate and have the information pop right out at you. I also think having a navigation bar on the top is a huge help in keeping the blog easy to use. I also added a picture of me playing hockey in the background to make this blog unique.

Title: I wanted to go with a title that was a play on words. The saying "Picture Me Ballin'"has become popular among the basketball/rapping community, so I slightly changed it to "Picture Me Bloggin'" to come up with my blog's title. I thought it was catchy.

Color: I went with basic black and white on this blog. It meshed well with the picture in the background and it made the text easy to read. I feel like the white on black pops off the page.

FontI'm not to creative when it comes to fonts, but I liked the way the "Lucky Guy" font looked on the top page for the title and description. For the text in the blog itself, I want with the basic "Times New Roman" to show professionalism and clarity.


Pages: I'm still trying to figure out exactly how the pages work, but I like having them accessible through the top of the screen on the navigation bar.

Sharing/Finding: The archives are available on the right side of the blog for easy finding of information.


About Me: In my About Me page I included some information about myself. i want everyone to know why I'm here, where I came from, and what I enjoy doing in my spare time..

Overall, I like the way my blog looks and believe it is easy to navigate. let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the setup of your blog. I think it's good that you included a picture of you playing hockey because you said that's your biggest hobby and a blog is supposed to reflect who you are. Also, I thought your title was very creative. Nice work dude!

    ReplyDelete